A lot has happened at Tempus DAO over the past month as we have continued to work on our vision for the future and the rebrand of Tempus!
Despite the poor market conditions and the growing concern among crypto enthusiasts, we have been publishing regular market commentary and educational pieces to keep the community up to speed with the latest developments in the blockchain/crypto space, alongside posting some brain teaser polls on Twitter for you all to participate!
If you haven’t yet read our educational series, we highly recommend you do so — they’re linked at the bottom of this newsletter. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to cover a particular topic in one of our future blogs!
Keep reading to find out more about what we have been up to.
Tempus DAO is now listed on DeepDAO.
Some of the Tempus team members attended Permissionless last month. Despite the poor market conditions and the LUNA crash, we saw more than 5,000 crypto / web3 enthusiasts attend Permissionless from all around the world, making this event a grand success!
ETHGlobal’s HackMoney 2022 has come to an end and we would like to thank all participants for buidling on top of Tempus. Some of the cool projects that won prizes during the hackathon are:
- HedgeHog: This protocol creates credit from assets by wrapping and then “splitting” the underlying assets into 1:1 tokens and an NFT of equivalent value.
HedgeHog was placed first and was awarded a $5,000 prize.
- We also saw other integrations such as Leverage Yield and the Maple Finance Integration on Tempus. A pool prize of $3,000 was shared between both projects.
Congratulations to all the BUIDLers!
Have you got an idea and want to BUIDL on the Tempus ecosystem? — apply for a grant now!
The Tempus Grants Committee has published a new Request For Innovation (RFI) where we are looking for a developer to integrate Tempus with Zapper.
- What are strip bonds?
- Sources of yields in DeFi
- The yield curve from a TradFi and DeFi standpoint
- The flippening of the credit industry — How close is DeFi to replacing TradFi? — Part 1
- The flippening of the credit industry — How close is DeFi to replacing TradFi? — Part 2
- Reflexivity in DeFi
Tempus Takes (our bi-weekly commentary to help you keep up to date with what’s going on in the market):
- #1: Tempus Takes #1. Tuesday 22 March 2022 | by Josh Kelly | tempus | Medium
- #2: Tempus Takes #2. Monday 4 April 2022 | by Josh Kelly | tempus | Medium
- #3: Tempus Takes #3. Tuesday 19 April 2022 | by Cristiano | tempus | Apr, 2022 | Medium
- #4: Tempus Takes #4. Tuesday 3 May 2022 | by Josh Kelly | tempus | May, 2022 | Medium
- #5: Tempus Takes #5. The Burst | by Josh Kelly | tempus | May, 2022 | Medium
- #6: Tempus Takes #6. Is your Lido safe from tsunami? | by George Cao | tempus | May, 2022 | Medium
Head over to the Tempus governance forum or drop into our Discord and let us know what you think about all of the exciting changes that have happened at Tempus over the past couple of months and our plans for the future.
If you have an idea that could add value to the Tempus DAO ecosystem or if you want to be a part-time contributor then please ping us on Discord or complete the grants application form.
For more updates on all things Tempus, visit the links below and follow us.
The information provided in this article is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute, and should not be construed as, investment advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell, or otherwise transact in any investment, including any products or services, or an invitation, offer, or solicitation to engage in any investment activity. You alone are responsible for determining whether any investment, investment strategy, or related transaction is appropriate for you based on your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances, and risk tolerance. In addition, nothing in this article shall, or is intended to, constitute financial, legal, accounting, or tax advice. We recommend that you seek independent advice if you are in any doubt.